THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

May 9, 2009

Hippie Chicks Marathon!!!!


It finally came! Today Jaime and I ran 13.5 miles in the Hippie Chicks Half Marathon up in Portland. We got there early, (around 8:00 am) the race started at 9:00 and it was a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! There wasn't a cloud in the sky. And the park was so gorgeous as well. While we were running we thought it was pretty warm, but I think it was only about 70. Anyway, we did sooooo great, especially considering the past week we've had! To give you a small explanation: last weekend we went to Sacramento and Jaime got the flu and was throwing up. Then, while driving back on Monday the kids started, ending with Zachery throwing up all night on Tuesday. So, Wednesday morning around 5:00 am, my body feels left out and decided it too wanted the flu all day and I couldn't keep anything down for 24 hours. And lucky me in the midst of all of this, my lovely monthly visit also decided to show up. So basically we didn't get much training in the past couple weeks. But WE MADE IT!!! There were over 1,000 women running in this race so it really was a neat thing to witness. I was so proud to run with my sister, she did so awesome. We are looking forward to doing it again next year!!!
This is our game face photo before the race. I think I look more like I am yawning or something. And I decided I need to tan.
More photos from the run:

These 2 photos above are at the halfway point. We had just done almost 7 miles. The photos underneath are the end of the race. I sprinted ahead to cheer Jaime across the finish. It was so cute--her kids ran the last little bit with her to cheer their mom on.

WE SURVIVED!!! And we have Smiles!

8 comments:

Jami said...

I am impressed!!! Good for you!!! Hope all is well for the two of you!

Cammy said...

yea!!!! You guys are great. You should feel great. You motivate me, I feel like running a marathon :) Hey so about that chocolate ice cream contest, I have a confession. The first day it started I was at Safeway with the kids and we got those free cookies, well I gave Sheldon half and started eating the other half. It was totally gross and after the second bite I remembered, NO CHOCOLATE!! So I totally lost the first day. So don't worry about getting money to me:) I just didn't want to fess up and be out the first day. For sure Erin would have kicked me out:) But other than that I made it. I think I'll still go to June 1st. Thanks for the fun contest, I really showed Josh and proved myself, HA! You guys are awesome!
Love Cammy

Jaime said...

Even though I can barely move right now, I am so grateful for Erin for pushing me to do this and staying so positive the whole way through! It was an amazing experience!!

Kristi said...

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

Vincent Family said...

Wow you guys!! I want to do a marathon!! That is so awesome. I am SOOO glad that contest is over. I will NEVER do that again!! Anyway, hope everyone is back to normal over there. We love and miss you all!!

Beck said...

You are guys are awesome! But I guess I'll be the first to say, I'm so never running a marathon!! I'll just cheer my sisters on while you crazy gals do it!! :) Does that work? Also, how's the chocolate/ice cream? Cause I know you've now eaten some, right? HAHA. Love you

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the marathon! I can't even imagine doing a 13.5 mile marathon. In fact, I am not sure I could run more than one mile! :)

The Whites said...

Good for you Erin! What a great goal and thing to accomplish! Now that you have a nice firm marathon body we need to shop fpr more "outfits" for you! (wink wink) Not that their is anything wrong with your body. Wish I had a way to visit you. Proup of YOu!

The Giant Rice Krispie Treat

The Giant Rice Krispie Treat
John and I stopped at a cute shop on the way to the beach. This thing was huge, and was almost as big as John's head. I know, it's hard to imagine.