THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Jul 2, 2009

Reap What We Sow

We are so lucky to live in this cute little town home/apartment where the wild come and go as they please in our own backyard. Cute little squirrels, chipmunks, deer and even wild turkey. With that comes the sadness that we can't have any plants or flowers growing in our backyard because they get eaten. So, we came up with a fabulous plan to get one of those small plastic swimming pools and we filled it up with dirt. It's on our balcony and we have a fantasitc GARDEN!!! I have 2 tomato plants (that are kind of sad right now because of the heat) a yellow squash starting to grow, green peppers, (look at the size of it! yay!) beets, and even pumpkins! Some of the pumpkins and beets I am taking to work to start a garden at school with the cute little ones I work with, that's why they needed to start to grow in the small container, but I am excited at the prospect of carving a jack-o-lantern out of my very own pumpkin that I grew this year around Halloween. John of course has a garden too, but it's full of herbs and spices. Figures for John, huh? They smell great and taste good too! We are just so glad that they are growing so well. I even get down and dirty.=)

2 comments:

The Whites said...

You are finnally blogging again!! I have always wanted to grow a garden, another reason for you to move to Vegas, you can show me how! Need to call you soon! Love ya!

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

Great garden!! I'm looking forward to eating my first tomatoes and bell peppers this weekend!!

The Giant Rice Krispie Treat

The Giant Rice Krispie Treat
John and I stopped at a cute shop on the way to the beach. This thing was huge, and was almost as big as John's head. I know, it's hard to imagine.